Thursday, December 20, 2012

You Can Go Back Home

Contrary to popular belief, cliche or sentiment, I've found that you can go back home. Here I am, back in St. Louis, the most home-like place I've ever lived. It's been a while since I've updated this blog and that's more to do with being overwhelmingly busy than anything else. I have been keeping up with many other museum blogs, continuing to tweet and settling into my new, wonderful job. Before I get started on substantial posts, I want to bring folks up-to-date on my current situation. This will hopefully, give you some perspective on how I will be posting in the future.

  • I am no longer working for a museum, instead I'm working for an informal science education outreach non-profit.
  • I am serving on the Board of a local Historical Society.
  • My new position focuses more on educational program development and evaluation than my last position. 
  • Did I mention how much I love my new job?
Some ongoing projects:
  • Working with the aforementioned Historical Society to establish educational programming, more fundraising and redesigning the archives. Among other things.
  • Established a meetup group called "Nerdy Girls." We're focused on exploring typically "nerdy" things like chess, crafts, historic house tours, etc. 
  • Trying to balance all of these things while still managing to wrap presents and have "me" time. 
I'm hoping to talk a little bit in my posts about the challenges of serving on a board, the ups and downs of making significant changes to "how we've always done it," and bridging some of my many activities. Should be a wild ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment